The Compendium of Cultural Policies and Trends started publishing short cultural policy profiles in 2017. These documents aim to summarise the cultural policy profiles from the database and give a quick overview of the most important elements of a country’s cultural policy. In May 2021, the structure of the short profiles was redeveloped. From now on, all new short profiles are structured as follows:
1) Facts and figures;
2) Cultural policy system (objectives, main features, governance system: organisational organigram and background);
3) Current cultural affairs (key developments, key themes and international cultural cooperation);
4) Cultural Institutions (overview and data);
5) Cultural funding (overview, public cultural expenditure by level of government and by sector); and
6) Legislation on culture (overview of national and international cultural legislation.
Please find the available short cultural policy profiles below, including the profiles that were published before the redeveloped structure.