Switzerland has a wide range of different support schemes for artists. At all levels – federal, cantonal, communal – similar approaches can be observed:
- grants or contributions for the training of artists;
- prizes via competitions (see chapter 7.2.3);
- support granted to artists’ studios abroad and in Switzerland;
- official Swiss contributions to international and national exhibitions (Pro Helvetia); and
- acquisition of works of art for the National Art Collection (only by the Federal Office of Culture).