The key target for the new Government in the social politics is to bring the poverty rate down to below 16% before the year 2020 (the poverty rate was 21.9% in 2016).
Other future priority social measures and activities are:
- Programme for minimal income;
- Social Debit Card “Solidarity”;
- Functional institutional network for the social protection of older people, centres for disabled people, day care centres etc.;
- Legal changes in the use of the social apartments (for families with low income, young couples, disabled persons etc.);
- Increase of 50% of the financial help for disabled people during the Government’s mandate, etc.
There are special measures and activities for children and young people as well.