The Ministry of Culture co-operates with a number of other ministries and government agencies, namely with:
- the Ministry of Finance on the planning and realisation of the cultural budget, the tax and customs policy;
- the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the co-ordination of international cultural co-operation;
- the Ministry of Environment and Physical Planning on the protection of architectural heritage in the process of urban planning;
- the Ministry of Transport and Communications on the protection of cultural heritage in connection with permits for the construction of buildings;
- the Ministry of Internal Affairs on the prevention of illegal archaeological excavations and illegal trade of cultural goods;
- the Secretariat for European Integration on the co-ordination of activities to harmonise Macedonian and European legislation, and
- the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy on social and retirement policy in the cultural sector; the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy is a national coordinator of the Decade of Roma Inclusion 2005-2015 initiative.