These are a few examples of international co-operation with local cultural entities:
- a festival and international Conference on Cinema for Peace, held in 2001, in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, organised by the Pontifical Council for Culture and the Colombian Ministry for Culture. For programme and details on “Films, Spirituality and Culture for Peace” see http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/cultr/documents/rc_pc_cultr_doc_20010924_cartagena_sp.html. A follow-up took place in Guadalajara (Mexico) in 2005 and in Lubjana in 2005;
- in May 2001, an International Conference on European Cultural Identity “Many Cultures, Heading towards Political and Economic Union” was organised together with the Romanian Ministry for Culture. For details see: http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/cultr/documents/rc_pc_cultr_doc_20010430_bucharest-europe_en.html;
- on 12 February 2004, a Conference on 20th Century Literature and Catholicism was held in Madrid, Spain, jointly organised by the Spanish Ministry of Culture and the Pontifical Council;
- on 27-28 October 2005, a Ministerial conference for the 50th anniversary of the European Cultural Convention was held in Faro, Portugal;
- on 3-5 July 2006, a meeting was held, in Lima, of historians in order to write a cultural history of the Church in America with the help of the local community of historians.
- from 19-21 June 2007, an international conference was organised under the title “Christianity, Culture and Moral Values” by the Pontifical Council for Culture, the Institute for the Universal History of the Academy of Sciences of Russia, the Department for External Ecclesiastical Relations of the Patriarchate of Moscow and by the Pontifical Committee of Historical Sciences, in the wake of the meeting in Vienna in May 2006 on dialogue and cooperation between Catholics and Orthodox in favour of culture;
- from 11-12 December 2007, the Conference “Identity and Disintegration. The crisis of the person in the contemporary world in fictional and documentary cinematography”, under the high patronage of the President of the Italian Republic organised by the Pontifical Council for Culture, the Pontifical Council for Social Communications and the Vatican Filmoteca, in collaboration with the cinematography Journal published by Rome’s “Ente dello Spettacolo”, within the framework of the XI edition of the Festival of Spiritual Cinema “Tertio Millennio”, (Sala Trevi, Rome) and the promotion of moral values in Europe (Moscow);
- from 4-7 February 2008, a Seminar was held on Evangelisation of Culture at Yangon, Rangoon (Myanmar / Burma) by the Episcopal Commission for Culture of Myanmar and the Pontifical Council for Culture; and
- on 4 December 2008, a study day was prepared on “Cultures and Religions in Dialogue” during the European Union’s Year of Intercultural Dialogue. The study day was organised by the Pontifical Council for Culture and the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue.
Comments are closed.