On 1 January 2014 the new Civil Code (Act No. 89/2012 Coll.), long in preparation, came into effect. This Civil Codesignifies a recodification of an entire range of legislative measures in the areas of both private and public law. The status of legal persons will change and numerous pieces of current legislation will be fundamentally amended (see also chapter 2.9).
The Criminal Code (Act No. 40/2009 Coll.) makes several references to culture; for example, in connection with the prohibition of admission to cultural events, the persecution of groups of the population on a cultural basis, attacks on historical or cultural monuments, and community service work in the culture sector.
The following legislation pertains to the culture sector and especially to the area of heritage conservation:
- The above mentioned Act No. 89/2012 Coll., Civil Code;
- Act No. 500/2004 Coll., Administrative Procedure Code;
- Act No. 183/2006 Coll., the Building Act;
- Act No. 499/2004 Coll., on Archives and Records Management and on Amendments to Some Acts;
- Act No. 114/1992 Coll., on Nature and Landscape Protection;
- Act No. 100/2001 Coll., on Environmental Assessment; and
- Act No. 344/1992 Coll., on the Land Register of the Czech Republic (Land Register Act).
Other related legislation:
- Act No. 106/1999 Coll., on Free Access to Information
- Act No. 365/2000 Coll., on the Information Systems of Public Administration and Amendments to Some Acts