An updated cultural policy profile for Italy is now available, thanks to the contributions by Deborah Agostino, Rossella Almanza, Carla Bodo, Simona Bodo, Annalisa Cicerchia, Cristina Da Milano, Luca Dal Pozzolo, Chiara Di Blasi, Pierpaolo Forte, Benedetta Giordano, Giulio Stumpo, Antonio Taormina, Alfredo Valeri. The Report was edited by Alfredo Valeri, with the scientific coordination of the Associazione per l’Economia della Cultura (Rome) and the Fondazione Scuola dei beni e delle attività culturali (Rome).
Below you can find a few highlights of recent developments of cultural policy in Italy:
- Reorganisation in 2021 lead to the creation of a new Ministry of Tourism and a Ministry of Culture
- New measures to increase employment in the cultural sector have been included in the National Recovery and Resilience Plan
- A national Observatory on Gender Equality was established by the Ministry of Culture in 2021
- A new fund of 105 million Euros is being established for 2022 to purchase or adapt a building for State Archives
- New legislation in 2021 provides for the reorganisation of systems in the performing arts sector and supports for its workers
- Per capita expenditure on culture increased from €82 to €135 between 2014 and 2020, the ratio to GDP from 0.31% to 0.49%; and the ratio to total public expenditure from 0.60% to 0.85%.
Here you can find the cultural policy profile of Italy as a PDF file.