An updated cultural policy profile for Azerbaijan is now available. Special thanks go to our Compendium expert Yashar Huseynli.
The updated profile contains the latest information on developments in the field of cultural policy. Below you can see some of those changes and developments in Azerbaijan:
- A draft Culture Strategy of the Republic of Azerbaijan for the period up to 2030 is being developed. Public debates and input from professionals are planned.
- The Agency of State Support to Non-Governmental Organizations was established in 2021 to regulate support in this area.
- Construction work is underway for a new Azerbaijan Cultural Centre in Italy.
- An increase in the cultural budget for 2020 and 2021 is mainly to cover an increase in salaries.
- Public expenditure on culture increased by 42% between 2015 and 2021. In the same time period, expenditure in the regions increased by 82% and declined at central level by 0.8%.
- State support for creative unions increased significantly in 2020 and 2021 to support more unions and due to the Covid pandemic.
- The current government Cultural Strategy includes plans to develop the cultural industries in areas such as legislation (tax, financing, copyright etc), regulation, training, and international contacts.