The Compendium proudly announces its first Compendium Webtalk with the special topic “The Brexit and its impacts on the cultural sector“.
A major consequence of Brexit is the loss of freedom of movement and the reduced trade of goods and services.
- What does it mean for the cultural sector in the UK and Europe?
- What are the consequences for cultural participation, the mobility of artists, cultural cooperation, cultural trade and higher education?
- How do Scotland and Northern-Ireland deal with this situation?
- And most important: what can the cultural sector and cultural policies do to overcome this challenging circumstances?
These questions will be discussed during the online event which will take place on the 4th of November at 16:30 CET via Zoom.
Our Guest for the Panel Discussion “The Brexit and its impact on the cultural sector” are:
- Rod Fisher, Lecturer at Goldsmith, University of London (United Kingdom)
- Andrew Ormston, Director of Drew Wylie (Scotland)
- Amanda Stevens, Head of Research & Impact Creative Industries Federation (United Kingdom)
- Moderation: Paraic McQuaid, Lecturer at the Institute of Art Design and Technology, Dublin (Ireland)