Cultural priorities for 2013/2014 are to provide access to national cultural sacred objects, education for young people and attracting visitors and support.
Ministry of Culture jointly with the Academy of Arts of Ukraine prepared the "Draft Concept of the Humanitarian Development of Ukraine to 2020".
Show all Profile-News...
Ukraine/ 2. General objectives and principles of cultural policy
2.3 Cultural policy objectives
The Law of Ukraine on Culture (2011) proclaims the following objectives or main principles:
- acknowledgement of culture as one of main factors for self-expression of the Ukrainian nation, all indigenous peoples and national minorities;
- contribution to the establishment of an integrated cultural space of Ukraine, preservation of culture integrity;
- protection and preservation of cultural heritage as a basis of national culture, concern for cultural development;
- efforts in strengthening humanistic ideas, high moral principles in social life;
- providing freedom of creativity, protection of incorporeal rights, copyright and neighbouring rights;
- assurance of civic rights in culture;
- create conditions for individual creative development; increase cultural level; aesthetic education of citizens; availability of cultural education for children and youth, broadening of educational programmes through national museums, galleries, reserves, etc.; meeting the cultural needs of the Ukrainian nation, indigenous peoples, and national minorities; development of cultural institutions irrespective of form of ownership; attraction of investments; money from paid services; donations, other sources allowed by law to culture;
- assistance in activity of professional associations and social culture organisations; creation of domestic (national) cultural product in the Ukrainian language and functioning of the Ukrainian language in the cultural space all over Ukraine; access of citizens to cultural goods;
- determination of aesthetic education of children and youth as a priority of culture development;
- assurance of activity of the basic network of cultural institutions, educational cultural establishments;
- support of cultural activities related to production and distribution of electronic and print media, audio and visual products, development of computer technologies and an increase in their potential for enlargement of access and involvement of citizenship to cultural activities, etc.;
- promotion of Ukrainian national culture in all its diversity abroad and global cultural achievements in Ukraine;
- support of national cultural producers;
- support of Ukrainian cultural life all over the world;
- encouraging a Ukrainian character in the modern entertainment industry;
- support of regional cultures and increasing importance of regional, district centres, cities with historic cultural traditions;
- development of international cultural collaboration; and
- establishment of an insurance fund for documentation on cultural values and documents on cultural heritage objects.
One of the main objectives of cultural policy for 2013-2014, as the new minister of culture announced in February 2013, is to provide access to all national cultural sacred objects, education for young people and attracting visitors and supporters (see also chapter 1).
The Ministry of Culture jointly with the Academy of Arts of Ukraine prepared the "Draft Concept of the Humanitarian Development of Ukraine to 2020" which states that: "It is actua for the Ukraine to create a new cultural system based on historical and cultural traditions of the Ukrainian nation and the best samples of modern self-organizing cultural systems in the world".
Chapter published: 03-05-2013