8.1.3 Grants, awards, scholarships
Artists may be awarded educational grants. The three main organisations awarding grants are:
- SOGEDA, Societe de Gestion des Droits d'auteur (copyright management) ;
- Princess Grace Foundation; and
- Department of Education, Youth and Sport.
The Principality also has schools / academies for training in the following sectors:
- Visual Arts: The Pavillon Bosio Visual Arts School of higher learning: in 2004, an agreement was signed with France regarding recognition of the further education programme at the The Pavillon Bosio Visual Arts School of higher learning which will now issue a National Fine Arts Diploma (DNAP) corresponding to a Baccalaureate + 3 years further education and a National Stage Design and Visual Expression Diploma (DNSEP) corresponding to a Baccalaureate + 5 years further education;
- Dance and choreography: Princess Grace Dance Academy; and
- Music: Prince Rainier III Music and Theatre Academy which has the status of a National School of Music.
Chapter published: 01-10-2014