Monaco/ 5.3 Sector specific legislation
5.3.3 Cultural heritage
Various texts in force in the Principality regarding the protection of its cultural heritage are:
- European Convention on the Protection of Audiovisual Heritage - 8th November 2001;
- Amendment to the European Convention on the protection of audiovisual heritage with regard to the protection of television productions - 8th November 2001;
- Edict N° 7705 implementing in Monaco the amendment modifying the Convention on international exhibitions signed in Paris on 22nd November 1928 - (Paris on 30th November 1972 and 16th May 1983);
- European Cultural Convention - Paris, 19th December 1954;
- Convention on the Protection of Cultural Assets in the event of armed conflict, with the Implementing Regulations - 14th May 1954. Amendment to the Convention on the protection of cultural assets in the event of armed conflict and resolutions of the Conference - 14th May 1954;
- Convention on the Protection of Cultural and Natural World Heritage - 16th November 1972;
- Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions. - 31st July 2006;
- Convention for the safeguarding of the intangible cultural heritage - 17th October 2003;
- European Convention on the Protection of Archaeological Heritage - (revised) - 16th January 1992;
- Specifications and General Conditions imposed on building contractors for the performance of Public Works and Buildings contracts in the Principality of Monaco - October 1970 - ;
- Act N° 1014 on the public sale of furnishings of 29th December 1928;
- Act N° 1198 of 27th March 1998 on the Maritime Code;
- Act N° 1277 of 22nd December 2003 on exhibitions of cultural assets;
- French-Monégasque bilateral agreement; and
- Exchange of letters signed in Monaco on 1st August 1977.
- Act N° 922 of 29th May 1972 creating a public establishment called "Musée National".
- Sovereign Edict N° 5177 of 31st July 1973 on the organisation and functioning of the "Musée National".
- Sovereign Edict of 19th November 1950 for the creation of the Postage Stamp Museum and appointment of its curator.
- Sovereign Edict N° 11809 of 14th December 1995 for the creation of a Stamp and Coin Museum.
Chapter published: 19-01-2011