Belgium/ 5.3 Sector specific legislation
5.3.3 Cultural heritage
- The Cultural Heritage Decree (23 May 2008) which brings together the former Archive Decree (19/7/2002), the Heritage Decree (7/05/2004), and the Decree of Popular Culture (27/10/1998). For more information see chapter 5.2; and
- Decree Concerning the Protection of Moveable Cultural Heritage of Exceptional Importance (24 January 2003).
- Decree of 5 July 1985 Instituting the Heraldic and Vexillogical Council of the French Community of Belgium and Laying down the Flag, Seal and Coat of Arms of the Towns and Municipalities and Decrees of 8 August 1988 and of 26 February 1991;
- Decree of 26 May 1981 Instituting the Superior Council of Popular Art and Tradition and of Folklore;
- Order of 26 June 1990 of the French Community Executive Instituting the Superior Council of Ethnology of the French Community;
- Decree of 12 May 2000 Regarding the Private Archive Centres in the French Community;
- Decree of 11 July 2002 Concerning Moveable Cultural Property and the Immovable Heritage of the French Community; and
- Decree of 17 July 2004 Concerning the Recognition and Subsidising of Museums and other Museum Institutions.
- 29.03.1982 – Regulatory Order to Lay down the Provisions for the Award of Grants in Favour of Museums not Subject to State Control;
- 23.03.1992 – Decree on the Award of Grants for Costs of Staff for Recognised Museums, Creative Workshops, Regional Organisations for Continuing and Adult Education and Youth Organisations, Youth Centres and Youth Services;
- 14.03.1994 – Decree on the Royal Monuments and Countryside Protection Commission of the German-speaking Community; and
- 16.02.1998 – Decree on the Recognition of and Award of Grants to Associations and Clubs Involved in Folklore Activities.
Chapter published: 09-03-2012