Armenia/ 2. General objectives and principles of cultural policy
2.3 Cultural policy objectives
The Law on the Principles of Cultural Legislation, adopted in 2002, defines that the main objectives of the state cultural policy are:
- to make society realise that culture is a means of development;
- to seek new values and new ideas;
- to create conditions for the recreation and development of the society's creative potential; and
- to form a civil society.
At present, the cultural policy of the Republic of Armenia is guided by the following principles:
- the state, public and democratic character of management in the field of culture;
- the freedom of cultural and creative activities;
- the possibility to encounter cultural values;
- preference towards the national cultural values of international significance; and
- the self-dependence of cultural organisations.
Chapter published: 27-11-2012